Getting and Building Cyclus From Source¶
The Cyclus Library Suite¶
The Cyclus ecosystem is composed of two projects:
- Cyclus Core, comprising core kernel functionality
- Cycamore, a physics and other domain module repository
Installation information is provided in the README of each repository, and the core must be installed before Cycamore. Accordingly, installation steps are as follows:
Currently, two specific systems are supported:
- Linux 64-bit (Ubuntu 12+ recommended)
- MacOSX 8 64-bit
Unfamiliar with git and Github?¶
For the git uninitiated, one must perform the following steps to acquire Cyclus:
Note that each Cyclus repository has two branches:
- master – the latest stable release of the library
- develop – the latest working copy that passes all tests
The above branches are synchronized with each other, and should be used in tandem (i.e., use master (Cyclus) with master (Cycamore) or develop with develop only).
Help with git and GitHub¶
If you are unfamiliar with git, here are some resources:
- http://progit.org/book/ - this is a fantastic guide, from beginner to expert
- http://gitimmersion.com/ - A very hands-on tutorial.
If you are unfamiliar with GitHub, here are some resources:
If you have further comments or questions about the build process, please don’t hesitate to email or join the Cyclus users list, which will allow you to contact the community of users and developers of Cyclus.
- Email the Users’ list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Users’ list: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/cyclus-users